1) Participants must be a bonafide student of AIE College and should be officially enrolled this 2nd trimester 2012.
2) Certificate of Registration will be required for validation purposes on December 7, 2012.
3) Male or Female.
4) Open to all ages.
MECHANICS AND GUIDELINES:
1. The dance piece must be that of a Dance craze (Street Dance or Hiphop).
2. Dance performance must be a minimum of three (3) minutes and maximum of five (5) minutes. A corresponding deduction of two (2) points for violation
Ten (10) seconds pre-set is given each group. After such, group’s time automatically starts.
3. Dance troupe must compose of a minimum of five (5) and maximum of ten (10) members. A corresponding deduction of two (2) points for violation
4. Groups should wear clothing reflecting the character and style of the performance.
• Groups must submit their final Material on CD or USB on or before December 7, 2012, 11:00 am but not later than 12:30 NN
• No CD’s will be accepted on the time of the competition.
• Cassette tapes are not allowed.
• 1 representative is allowed in the technical booth during performance to assist.
• Groups must prepare BACK-UP CD or USB. Groups are advised to check the said materials on or before 12:00nn. In case of technical problem due to own material the group’s time will continue to run despite of technical problem. But if the technical problem is due to committee’s technical equipment, the group may choose to continue or repeat the performance once again.
6. ATTIRES AND PROPS
a. This may include accessories such as hats, caps, gloves, scarves, jewelry and other forms of THEATRICAL dress. However, bead necklace, bracelet, or other accessories made of Beads are PROHOBITED.
b. Props may be allowed in the performance as long as it doesn’t destroy the stage set up or flooring or those that may harm other group’s performance.
c. Body oils, body paints, body and hair glitters are prohibited as is any other substance applied to the Body that may affect the clean dry surface of the stage and the safety of fellow competitors.
7. Chronology of performance will be base from a draw lots on the day of the competition (December 07, 2012). Drawn spots are final and no changes will be entertained.
8. Elimination Round: The three groups with the highest rank will compete again for the FINAL round. (Back to zero basis).
9. Elimination Round will start at 1pm and Final Round will start at 7pm. Contestant must be in the contest venue not later than the said time 1:00 pm and 7pm, failure to comply will be declared default.
10. Judges decision is final and executory
NOTE: Elimination and Final round will follow same criteria.
The sequence of performance shall be decided through drawing of lots to be done prior to the show proper.
NOTE: All groups must be in the event venue, atleast 30 min before the start of the competition
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
• Choreography/ Execution 30%
• Timing/Synchronization 25%
• Mastery 20%
• Costume 5%
• Showmanship 15%
• Audience Impact 5%
Total of 100%
Deadline for submission of entries thru email will be on DECEMBER 4, 2012.Entries should include the following:
• Name of Contestant
• Course and Year Level
Elimination Round Guidelines:
Schedule: December 7, 2012
Time: 1:00 PM
Only three(3) contestants will be chosen to move forward for the final round.
Announcement of final contestants will be after the elimination round. Contestants must prepare for the final round.
Final Round Guidelines:
Schedule: December 07, 2012
Time: 7:00 PM
Scores in the elimination round will bear no significance for the final round (BACK TO ZERO BASIS).
Power Dance Committee
firstname.lastname@example.org / 09233587877